Thursday, June 09, 2005

Craft Classes

When I was in kindergarten, pupils used to sit down on the floor. I do not know whether kids still sit on the floor with colourful desks in front of them. Everything was colourful, including the marble papers that we got for craft classes. Alpana was our craft teacher and I guess the only craft teacher that our KG school had at that time. Alpana handed over the neatly cut square marble papers to us and instructed us that we should not take more than one. Then she proceeded to explain how to fold and cut the paper to convert it into the final output. Whatever she taught was already known to me, thanks to my father. But the day she taught us 'bhingri' was different. Bhingri is a piece of paper that is cut in such a way that it looks similar to an inverted ceiling fan. When dropped from a height, the bhingri revolves around its vertical axis as it descends. I had not learnt to make a bhingri from my father. Nervous, I went to Alpana and told her that I cannot make a bhingri because my father has not taught it yet. I do not remember what was her reply, but I guess she must have asked me to carry on with the bhingri. And if you thought that was all, it wasnt. Alpana disclosed this to my father at the Parents' Meeting. After that, some disciplinary action was taken at home which consisted of teaching me how to behave with the teachers.

7 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

Hey just reminded of my crafts classes at school... Wonder what ur teacher must have thought when u told her that u culdnt make somthing coz ur dad hadnt thought u... LOL!!!!
So after this u had to think twice before talking to teachers... ??

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Well, in primary yes. But once I was in secondary, teachers thought about twice before punishing me or complaining about me :-)

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 1:17:00 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Oh!!!!!! so u became the naughty Neel!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Neel, do you still remember how to make a "bhingri"? I tried the other day, but it wasn't perfect & something is missing. Thanx.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Nay Mit. I suck at craft :-)

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember Taskar madam taking our Craft Classes. But I think that was like 6th std?

Monday, November 30, 2009 9:19:00 AM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Yeah, that was in secondary. We had Alpana teacher in kg...

Monday, November 30, 2009 10:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home