Monday, June 06, 2005

Neel Down

In my primary days, I was a timid guy. I was so afraid of my teachers that whenever any teacher shouted "Kneel Down", it would send shivers down my spine. So when Vineetha teacher shouted "Neel, Kneel Down", I was really scared. I had been caught. Vineetha had given some homework to the class and I could not complete it on time. Just before the submission time, I erased all the incomplete work for the day(We used (Natraj)pencils till standard four). When I was asked the reason for not completing the homework, I told Vineetha that "I forgot about the homework". With traces of erased homework so very visible, I just cannot imagine how stupid I was. Only if that incident had taken place a few years later I would have a variety of excuses to chose from. I miss that innocent Neel.

5 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

hey that was really very sweet. As kids we are really innocent, and we dont think about stategies...
Innocense is something unique to kids i think. :)

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 8:18:00 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Thanks Art. Will have the next one on innocence too. It will be up soon.
Do we also regain innocence when we become old?

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger Art said...

well cant say its totally innocense... maybe it s something like mature innocense... u again enter the world of peace... out of the rat race where all of us are rite now... Only difference would be we would have experienced life...

Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey neel!what should those litany of excuses be?

Saturday, August 18, 2007 7:09:00 PM  
Blogger workhard said...

Awww, that age is like that, we so naive and now that we think about it, we have a nice laugh

Read poems

Saturday, March 07, 2009 1:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home